Sunday, September 18, 2016

News Central 34 Morning Producer

ENPS is the program used at some
local stations such as WLNS. 
Hey everyone! As we dig more into the semester, News Central 34 is getting ready to start back up! We held auditions last Wednesday and Thursday and talent will be notified next Tuesday if they were chosen to be either anchors, franchise reporters, sports anchors, or meteorologists. Once everyone has completed training this coming up week, we will hold rehearsals the following week. The week after that we will go live! If anyone is interested in watching any of our shows, please comment and I will give you more details! Last semester, I took the producing news class (BCA 524). This class puts together the Monday through Thursday 5 p.m. newscasts. This semester, I was asked if I was interested in producing the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning shows. It is a different format than the 5 p.m. newscasts and these shows are not ran by a class but are ran by students interested in pursuing news producing. Another producer and I will be writing the shows and choosing what content we want in them. We still have to figure out the details on who gets what days or if we will alternate days. The photo to the left is an example of the program producers use to set up what the show will look like and what content will be included. Producers write what the anchors will say and decide the order of the stories. As events happen throughout the day, producers continuously use social media and other news sources to see what is happening and what people are talking about. ENPS is the program producers at WLNS News 6 in Lansing used. However, when putting together shows for News Central 34, we use a program called Inception. Each program is a little different, but ultimately has the same end goal. I am ready to get back into producing for News Central 34 and learning as much as I can as I continue to grow as a news producer.

1 comment:

  1. I have the most respect for folks that can do things like on air broadcasting. I am so nervous to do things like that. I used to do a lot of acting, and that type of thing doesn't bother me, because if something unexpected happened, like a sneezing fit, I could easily work it into the character. I feel like broadcasting takes so much poise and grace to pull off. I enjoy watching people do it, and I've got to admit that it is rather funny when something happens to the green screen during a weather report and the meteorologist cracks up laughing!

    ReplyDelete